Monday, February 20, 2006

Just got tagged

Bro. Greg tagged me with the following challenge:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

This works out well, since I am the owner of a new MP3 player and a proud member of Napster, so I'm worked up to share my favorite songs. I'm such a geek. Ok, here goes

1. Common People by William Shatner. Ben Folds wrote and sang on this song, and while ole Billy Shatner is a joke among music fans, this song is really catchy and actually pretty good.

2. Medley by Third Day off the Second Offerings CD. Anytime a band goes from Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus to With or Without You in the same song, that's pretty cool.

3. Respect by Otis Redding. Aretha Franklin's version is really good, but Otis Redding's is actually better. I know you don't believe me, but you need to hear it and check it out.

4. Rockin the Suburbs by Ben Folds. A couple of words that I woudn't advise you sing in church, but is very satrical and very funny.

5. Wicked Man by Ben Harper and The Blind Boys of Alabama. Ben Harper is very eclectic and this a great combinaion with the fameous Gospel Group the Blind Boys of Alabama.

6. Far Behind by Candelbox. I like the grunge music and this was one of the most underated songs of that genre.

7. There Goes my Life by Kenny Chestney. I do like county musically, especially Johnny Cash. Not a huge Kenny Chestney fan, but ever since my daughter was born, this song really does get to me.

I could do this all day.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm such a geek. Ok, here goes"

    I need say no more.

    :)

    ReplyDelete