Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Remembering

Today's devotional will be a little different. I just wanted to share a brief thought with you that I had yesterday. I had to drive to Jackson yesterday for a meeting and as I was driving back to Ripley I was just thinking about all that's going on in my own life, the life of my family, in the life of the church.

And the reality is it's not just me. It's each of us. Every one of us has something going on in our life that keeps us busy. Everyone one of us has something that keeps us worn out. Everyone one of us has something that worries us. Every one of us.

And as I was thinking about this yesterday, the Lord laid something on my heart; you are so stressed about all these things because you are carrying them all by yourself. Sometimes I forget that. I get so focused on what I can do or what I need to do that I forget that I'm not in this alone.

And I assume I'm not the only one.

Today, take time to share these burdens with God. Take time to share with Him you real concerns, your real hurts, your real needs. Take time to remember that you are not in this alone. That it's not just up to you. Take time to give it to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment