Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ordination Questions!!!!

I'm in the process now of answering questions for ordination in the UMC, and boy is it fun. I started the process towards ordination in 1998 and am in my last year (hopefully) of probationary membership. I am sitting here, praying over the questions and thinking about ministry. About the joys and sorrows of it, about the joys and sorrows of the UMC. It seems like just yesterday I was struggling with answering the call to ministry, and now here I am working on these questions.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Boy how time flies. On one hand it seems like only yesterday that I was at Mineral Wells trying desperately to understand the difference in an inquiring candidate and a certified candidate.

    On the other hand, though I use my past life experiences as illustrations in sermons or discussions, I can't actually imagine what it was like not being a pastor.

    It's funny how some things can seem like such a short time ago and at the same time such a long time ago.

    Anyway, good luck finishing your questions. You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete