Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lent: March 22, 2006

Old Testament Lesson

Genesis 45:16-28

God's plan always works out better than our plans. I've talked to so many people in my life that wanted to do it their way, and when they find their lives broken under the wait of the world, only then do they see that they followed the wrong path. We have choices in all of life; we can choose our way, or God's way. His plan is for our benefit, His plan is for our good. We think that we know best and that we can decide which way is the best to go. But, we also see how we wind up when we choose our way and not Gods.

Today, listen for God's wisdom in what you should do. We know right from wrong. We know truth from a lie. Listen to God. Do what God wants, what He will, and trust in Him. He is at work in your life even now.

New Testament Lesson

1 Corinthians 8:1-13

As Christians, we are to know that we don't just live for ourselves; we live for God. And in that, we must always remember that others are watching what we do, watching how we life. What type of witness do we give? What type of example do we set for others. Today, Paul says, yes there are things that you can do and not hurt you,but they may hurt your brothers and sisters. Today, we have to ask ourselves, just because we can do something, should we do it?

As a parent, I have learned that there are always 2 little eyes watching everything I do. And it doesn't really matter what I tell her to do, what matters is what do I do? If I live a holy life, she will see that example. But, if I live a life like I want to do, but tell her to do what I say, not what I do, guess what. She will probably do what I do, no matter what I say. Today, does you life point others to Jesus? Or does you life hinder folks in coming to God. As Christians, we live for more than just ourselves, we live for the glory and honor of God.

Gospel Lesson

Mark 6:13-29

Herod today had do something he didn't want to because of his pride. It is our pride that get us in trouble. It is pride that that keeps us from asking forgiveness, it is pride that keeps us from forgiving. It is pride that keeps us from admitting our weaknesses, it is pride that keeps us from fully giving it all to God. Today, what does your pride cause you to do that is wrong? Today, what does your pride cause you to keep from doing that you know is right. It is the pride that goes before the fall. Today, is your pride setting you up for a big fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment