Thursday, July 6, 2006

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, had to figure a few things out. I will channel Dr. Barry Bryant, my Methodist proff at seminary and tell you what I figured out in numbered format.
  1. For some reason the BibleGateway links weren't going through right. I used the official NIV site the other day and had the same problem So, I decided to use the Oremus Bible Browser as the Bible link for a while. We'll see how it works. It will be the NRSV version, but that's ok.
  2. This blog and these devotions started out as my own personal reflections each morning. I found, thought, that they began to become more about the folks reading it than about my own personal devotions. Not that is a bad thing, necessarily. But, I wasn't received what I needed out of my devotional time.
  3. I thought about stopping posting, but while I am no blogging superstar like Bro. Greg, I felt like these were a good thing, and I have heard lots of good feedback from folks within my church.
So, I decided to continue doing what I've been doing, in the way I've been doing it; and then do some different things for my own soul. I really do enjoy the blogging, and I think that others enjoy my thoughts.

This was a long way of saying that while some things have changed, nothing has changed. Carry on now, nothing to see here!

No comments:

Post a Comment