Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Moving Day

We moved today to Ripley, MS. I've been appointed as pastor at Ripley First UMC, and today was moving day. Most of last week was spent boxing up things and finishing last minute details. Sunday was my last Sunday at Coy UMC, and things went really well. Last Sundays are hard. As I shared with some of my people, if it didn't hurt, you hadn't done your job!

We were up early today, Uhaul loaded, as well as my wife's van, my father in law's truck and trailer, and my dad's car. It is normally a 3 hour trip from Coy to Ripley, but our caravan took about 4 hours. We arrived at the parsonage and had a crew from First waiting on us, and man, they know how to get it done! Thanks Ed, Craig, and Michel!

Then the rest of the day was spend unboxing and running errands. Our kids did well, no nap, but with all the excitement, who wants to sleep. I think our cat was traumatized, but he'll bounce back.

I am so ready to get up tomorrow and get started. I feel like a kid waiting for the first day of school. I just can't wait to see what God has in store for us up here in Tippah county. What ever it is, it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment