Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Epiphany: Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Old Testament Lesson


Isaiah reminds us once again that God is God.  He is the one, He is the source of creation, He is the one that has brought it all together.  He has formed the seas, He has brought forth the dry land.  He has brought forth life.  Let us remember that all of creation is God's.  The Bible tells us that all of creation gives us a glimpse of God's glory. 

Let's take time to look around today, and see God's glory. And give thanks.  

New Testament Lesson


We are saved by grace through faith.  Or, to put it in another way

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO  MAKE GOD LOVE YOU!

He already does.  His love for you today is not based upon who YOU are.  It is based upon who HE is. And, He loves you.  

That's grace. 

Gospel Lesson


Jesus took time each day to commune with God.  He spent time in prayer.  He spent time with God.  And, He was just as busy as we are.  I've learned that the busier I am in my daily life, the more I must spend that time with God.  If I do not slow down and pray, I will miss what God is calling me to.  No matter how busy I am.

No matter how busy you are today, right now.  Stop.  Breathe.  Think.  Pray.  Reflect.  

Take this moment.  And reflect upon God's great love for you. 

You cannot earn it.  It is given.  

Live in that grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment