Monday, March 30, 2009

Lent: Monday, March 30, 2009

Old Testament Lesson

Jeremiah 24:1-10

The Lord says that He will save His people. Those that are faithful, those that turn to Him, those that are His, He will save. When we turn to Him, we find His grace, we find His salvation, we find His grace.

God will not leave His people. Even when things look bad and hopeless. He is there. When we look with the eyes of faith, we find Him. Today, look with those eyes.

New Testament Lesson

Romans 9:19-33

We see that righteousness comes not from our own works, but from faith. We can't earn God's love. We can't make God love us. We can't earn being a child of God.

We don't have to. It's freely given by faith. By trusting in Him and His grace, we are made faithful. We are made righteous. We are made sons and daughters of God. But faith. By trust. By belief. Today, and each day, trust in Him.

Gospel Lesson

John 9:1-17

The blind man said about all the questions, I don't know. I simply know I was born blind and now I see. Because of Jesus. I don't know all the answers. I don't understand everything. I can't explain every ministry. I just know I used to be blind and now I see. I used to be dead and I now I live. I used to be hopeless and now I have hope.

Because of Jesus.

Today, may we each have that sight, life, and hope. Because of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment