Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Larry Mac

Good Morning,

Sorry for the lack of blogging yesterday.  I was in Jackson for meeting and was not able find wifi in time to blog!  But, I'm back in Ripley today and life is returning to normal. 

Today, instead of the normal post, I want to share a remembrance with you.  Larry McDaniel was the father of my childhood best friend. And, with as much time as I spent at his house, he and his wife Ruth become like my second set of parents.  

Mr. Larry Mac passed away yesterday.  Just a few months ago, he was diagnosed with cancer and while he fought long and hard, the fight was too much for even him.  

Yesterday, Monday, July 21, Mr. Larry Mac passed from this life into true life. 

The thing I hope is most helpful with my blogging is that they are an invitation to spent time in the Word each today.  

Today, I'd like for this brief remembrance to be to you an invitation for prayer. 

To pray for those that are grieving right now . . . . 

Those battling cancer and other disease. . . . . 

Those in the hospital and nursing homes. . . . . 

Those shut in. . . . . 

Those in need. . . . . 

For all those near and dear to our hearts. . . . . 

Let us remember them.  Lord, hear our prayer.… 

We'll return to our normal "programing" tomorrow. Thank you for this moment of personal remembrance and mourning.  May we pray for all those that need God's grace today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment